mashpeeortho ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
mashpeeortho is committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of its website, https://mashpeeortho.com/, for everyone. mashpeeortho aims to comply with all applicable standards, including the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 up to Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA). mashpeeortho is proud of the efforts that we have completed and that are in-progress to ensure that our website is accessible to everyone.
If you experience any difficulty in accessing any part of this website, please feel free to call us at 508 539 0355 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to provide the information or service you seek through an alternate communication method that is accessible for you consistent with applicable law (for example, through telephone support).
- Wear your retainers full time, until the doctor instructs otherwise.
- Take your retainers out when brushing, swimming, during sports (wear a mouth guard!), and eating…and always put retainers in their case! (Most appliances are lost in school lunchrooms or restaurants.)
- Clean the clear Essix retainers thoroughly twice a day with a toothbrush and liquid soap (If using a Hawley retainer, use toothpaste). Brushing retainers removes the plaque and eliminates odors. Retainer Brite should also be used, but do not take the place of brushing the retainers thoroughly.
- Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking, reading, or singing out loud to get used to them faster.
- Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking, reading, or singing out loud to get used to them faster. Sucking on sugarless mints also helps to get used to the flavor and the extra saliva that your mouth will initially be making.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your retainers, or your retainers need adjusting, call us. Do not try to adjust them yourself.
- Always bring your retainers to your appointments.
- Retainer replacement is expensive … with proper care they will last for years!
- Remove retainers when swimming.
- Keep retainers away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, the washing machine, and napkins.